Powered By Blogger

Monday, October 12, 2009

Anxiety

I am pretty sure I have mentioned before but my husband is active duty military and is about to deploy.....our deploy date is Nov 9 and I have to say I am finally becoming a bit anxious. I am not having what I imagine most military wives deal with in the way of anxiety in this situation....I am thinking about... Who is gonna get out of bed and turn the light off when I am too lazy to do it?...Who will let the dog in when I fall back asleep on the couch in the middle of the night?...Who will do dishes on Sunday morning cuz I was WAY to lazy to take care of that on Saturday night?
I am not freaking out about him going to war....he's been there twice before I am pretty sure he knows the drill and how to stay alive. My issues are way more selfish than worrying about him staying alive. I worry about when I want to just run to the store and get a pint of ice cream after the kids have gone to be who will be home with the kids.
The army could have done this a year and a half ago before I was used to living with him. For the 1st 2 years we were married he lived in VA and the kids and I in CO. I refused to uproot the kids that were ours and refused even more to put our foster kids "back in the system". So we got married on a Monday morning just before I put him on a plane to VA and he would come home every 5 or 6 weeks for about 4 days. Yes I know this was a looney set up but it worked for us. And when we got married we knew that with some stubbornness, luck and loads of paperwork we could get him moved back to CO on what is called a compassionate reassignment. I have MS and talked my doc into telling the army that I could not move to the east coast cuz of the heat and humidity. Now after jumping through all those stupid and totally useless hoops that the Army said we had to jump they are going to deploy him....GO FRIGGIN FIGURE!!!
My husband is so lucky to have a wife like me...(HA HA HA).....don't ya think?

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes it's o.k. for Mommy to be selfish! I too like to ability to just run out for a quick "whatever" when the mood strikes me, after the kiddos make it to bed. Hope the deployment isn't too long! We'll be hear to listen and help you through it though! :D

    ReplyDelete