Powered By Blogger

Monday, April 5, 2010

Monday...UGH

As much as I look forward to Monday I dread it too. The good part is that all the kids go to school, but the bad part is that I have to do all the housework that has not been done since Thursday. The kids are out of school Friday, Saturday and Sunday so I play a tad more catch up than most. In reality I don't mind the catch up.....
but today the HUSBAND was home too. Keeping him busy is a challenge to say the least. He likes to wonder around the house and annoy me, just cause he can. Gotta love the man.
I did get a good bit done today though. I made 2 batches of soap one was just plain old fashioned lye soap to use as a stain stick on the kids clothes and the other was a teset batch to see if I like a new scent...Lemon Verbina. I have been watching Little House on the Prairie with the kids lately and was inspired to make an Ode to Miss Beadle soap. It smells great!!!! I also made my first test batch of lotion bars....added raspberry scent the kids are loving the smell, I hope they turn out well. I have a friend that wants something like this for her sons dry skin.
The kids are wired today they are all floating around the house from one thing to another like a bumble bee on crack. I do believe they may drive me to drink or worse yet go to bed wishing I had the energy to drink..
The grand has yelled at me all day....this teething thing is a booger for sure. I will be glad to see bath time and nightie night for the sweet Peanut.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry but it made me smile to think of a teething Grand yelling at you! I love Little House! How cool you used it as inspiration for a soap scent.

    ReplyDelete