Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Who would have thunk it !!!

Finally we have a snow day, and who would have ever "THUNK" that I would be able to get more done with 8 kids out of school than when I have the grands (2  1yr old kids) The kids are not out because of the snow though. The high for today is 0...yes big fat 0 !! The wind chill is hovering at 25 below zero and they say tomorrow will be even colder...so maybe there will be 2 days off.

I have so far been able to hang a shelf, make 2 loaves of homemade bread, couple loads laundry and have some soap in the pot brewing.

So as promised before the recipe for bread
1 cup water
3 tablespoons sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
3 tablespoons cooking oil
3 cups all purpose flour
2 1/4 teaspoons yeast
I make the dough in my bread machine and sometimes add a little honey for sweetness or split my flour half and half with wheat flour. Today I am baking it in my NEW cast iron bread pan...so far it looks super scrumptious in the oven.

On a side note:
 I have been really afraid to jinx myself by talking about my work with kids. But, today I actually got postive feedback so as soon as I am able to spill the beans and worry about jinxing it I will. I will tell you all that I have been praying HARD for this to work out.
Also, I found a storefront here in town to rent !!! We are so excited about it...and it should be April first at the latest that we are able to open up our little gift shop.

2 comments:

  1. Welll Hey There! Thank you for posting on my Blog ---- I was wondering if I'd lost you.

    If you'd like a tested bread machine recipe for 3+ cups of flour, let me know. My Zoji handles a good 4 cups, but some machines won't. The one I use usually doesn't fall in the center if I machine bake it. Oh, and I found a great buns/rolls recipe, too!

    About your yogurt -- oh so cool! I've wanted to try that out, too, since seeing it posted on the CrockPot Lady's site. Perhaps using a CrockPot would help keep the temp up? Maybe just waiting for this Arctic Cold Wave to pass is good, too!

    Take care! I look forward to hearing about your new adventures.

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never seen a cast iron bread pan, what a great addition to any baker's kitchen! Your bread looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete